Sunday 24 June 2012

New Blog = Motivation!

One thing about me that drives hubby nuts is that I tend to lack stick-to-it-ive-ness. (Yes, that's a real word.) I get really excited about a project, spend $$$ on supplies, work on my project for 1-2 days, and then get bored. Its a pretty big fault, and I'm working on fixing that about myself - that is, if I don't get bored and move on to something else ;)

For now at least though, having a shiny new blog has motivated me to actually work on my Felt Project . So! One more item, albeit a small one, crossed off the list! Today I made another component to the Ice-Cream Shoppe - the strawberry scoop. It was a lot quicker going this time than with the chocolate scoop. In fact, it only took me 15-20 minutes. I took a bunch of really terrible pictures so you can see the process. I apologize for the quality, it'll be another few weeks before I have a "real" camera. Right now I'm just using my webcam. It can take still photos, but man do they suck. Anyhoo...

It was beautiful out, so I decided to sit on the patio and sew.
A pale pink felt circle and ice-cream "drips"
Super-blurry running stitch...holy moly, that hurts my eyes. Sorry!
Looks like a shower cap!  Pull on the thread to tighten, stuff before pulling completely closed.
And now you have a pink ball.
Sew the ''drips'' to the bottom of the ball
It looked a little plain so I added irregular bits of red scrap felt. Et voila! Strawberry scoop with strawberry topping!
So that's that.

As I said in my last post, my felt supply is running low. I have 1 full sheet of red and 1 full sheet of orange, and pieces of red, pink, and brown left. I'm thinking I'll do the popsicles next. Cherry and Orange flavours!

No comments:

Post a Comment