Thursday 19 July 2012

Summertime = Watermelon

In my mind, that first slice of watermelon signals the start of summer. Sure, you can get it other times of the year, but it's not the same.  Slicing into a big crisp watermelon, and then going outside and taking that first bite...THAT is summer. Heat, sweet, vacation, lazy, juicy, delicious, watermelon. 

I haven't made it to a craft store yet to pick up the supplies I need to finish up the Ice-Cream Shoppe set, so I moved on to the Picnic set. I completely forgot to take pictures while I was making it, but here is the finished product. 1 slice of watermelon, that looks good enough to eat!

I'll admit, I cheated a bit and used fabric glue for the seeds instead of stitching them on. And I'll admit, it's because I forgot to add them until after the rest of the watermelon was finished, and it's difficult to stitch things to the outside once it's finished.

And yes, I am a bit of a dork.  Nom, nom, nom....watermelon!

No comments:

Post a Comment